Creating a New Alert Rule
- Within the Alerts tab in the OWS Cloud Portal, select Alert Rules from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Select an Alert Type from the pop-up menu.
- Click Next.
- Name the alert and give it a Description as desired.
- Click Create.
- Analytics and Analytics Queue Alerts: For cameras preconfigured to send analytic events, an alert can be sent based on specifically defined audio or video events within a selected time period.
- License Plate Alerts: License Plate Recognition (LPR) Alerts are sent when numbers and letters that match the rule's criteria are detected by a camera on a vehicle's plate during a specified time period.
- Environmental Alerts: An Environmental Alert helps identify when thresholds are exceeded within an environment as well as sound abnormalities detected by sensors.
- Point of Sale Alerts: Configure Point of Sale alert rules to receive automatic notifications based on specific transaction criteria such as refunds, voids or discounts.
- Motion and Sensor Alerts: Motion Alerts are sent when movement is detected by a camera during a specified time period, and Sensor Alerts are sent when a sensor connected to a recorder is triggered.
- Access Control and Door Access Alerts: An Access Control Alert identifies when there is a trouble event identified with a door. Door Access Alert identifies when an attempt is made to access an area.
- Intrusion and Intrusion Sensor Alerts: An Intrusion Alert or Intrusion Sensor Alert identifies when a sensor event is received from an intrusion system.
- Health and Storage Retention Alerts: Health and Storage Retention Alerts help identify when something is affecting the ability of hardware to capture or record video.
NOTE: Some alerts are dependent on license type.
Defining an Alert Rule
Choose the Alert Type below to see details on setting the Rule Definition.
Adding Locations, Cameras, or Sensors to an Alert Rule
- Click Locations, Cameras, or Sensors on the navigation sidebar.
- Click Add Location, Add Location Group, Add Camera, or Add Sensor.
- Click the Add button next to each device you'd like to be included in the Alert.
NOTE: To apply the rule to every Location, Enable Auto Include when adding locations.
Click Select when finished.
Add Users to an Alert Rule
NOTE: Adding Users to a rule automatically grants them permission to view alerts for cameras and locations they have access to based on their User Group permissions.
- Click Users/Notifications on the left-hand menu.
- Click Add User or Add Group.
- Click + next to each User or Group to send emails and push notifications when the alert is triggered.
- Click Add when finished.
NOTE: To receive email, push or client alert notifications, the Email Alert, Push Alert or Client Alert box must be checked. Simply adding a user only gives them access to see this alert’s history. See Alert Notifications for details.
Deleting an Alert Rule or Updating, Disabling, Clearing All Active Alerts
- Click General Info on the navigation sidebar.
- Edit the Name and Description as desired.
- Click Disable Rule to turn the Alert Rule off without deleting it.
- Click Delete Rule to permanently remove the Alert Rule and delete all history associated with it.
- Click Clear All Active Alerts to permanently remove only the Active Alerts from the history associated with the Alert Rule.
- Click Save when finished.
NOTE: The Name given to an alert will appear as the subject line of email notifications sent by that alert.