Configure Point of Sale alert rules to receive automatic notifications based on specific transaction criteria such as refunds, voids or discounts. Users can customize rules to receive notifications when a transaction involves a specific UPC, SKU, Transaction #, Scan Type, Line Item Amount, Line Item Quantity, Location, Terminal, Operator, Product, Category, Department, Tender Type, Transaction Total, Loyalty/Email, Total Chain Duration, and Transaction Duration. In addition, multiple filters can be combined to refine Point of Sale alerts.
Creating a New Alert Rule
- Within the Alerts tab in the OWS Cloud Portal, select Alert Rules from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Select an Alert Type from the pop-up menu.
- Click Next.
- Name the alert and give it a Description as desired.
- Click Create.
Defining an Alert Rule: Point of Sale
- Use the dropdown to choose a filter.
- Click to add the selected filter to the rule.
- After selecting the filter type, click the field to add further definitions to the filter.
NOTE: The magnifying glass icon will display a popup dialog version of the dropdown menu for the chosen filter type.
- Add more filters to further define the rule.
NOTE: Multiple location filters cannot be added to the same rule.
- Enter the Time of Day range that this rule should be active for.
- Check the boxes beneath the Days of the Week on which the rule should be active.
- Select the minimum Motion Duration or Sensor Duration necessary before sending an alert.
- Select Seconds, Minutes, or Hours using the dropdown menu.
- Active Alert (Optional) - Check the Active Alert box to add the alert to the Active Alert Dashboard and tag it as an Active Alert in email notifications.
- Send To 3rd Party Integration (Optional) - Check the Send To boxes to send the alert to the associated 3rd party integration.
- Click Save.
Add Users to an Alert Rule
NOTE: Adding Users to a rule automatically grants them permission to view alerts for cameras and recorders they have access to based on their User Group permissions.
- Click Users/Notifications on the left-hand menu.
- Click Add User or Add Group.
- Click + next to each User or Group to send emails and push notifications when the alert is triggered.
- Click Add when finished.
NOTE: To receive email, push or client alert notifications, the Email Alert, Push Alert or Client Alert box must be checked. Simply adding a user only gives them access to see this alert’s history. See Alert Notifications for details.
Deleting an Alert Rule or Updating, Disabling, Clearing All Active Alerts
- Click General Info on the navigation sidebar.
- Edit the Name and Description as desired.
- Click Disable Rule to turn the Alert Rule off without deleting it.
- Click Delete Rule to permanently remove the Alert Rule and delete all history associated with it.
- Click Clear All Active Alerts to permanently remove only the Active Alerts from the history associated with the Alert Rule.
- Click Save when finished.
NOTE: The Name given to an alert will appear as the subject line of email notifications sent by that alert.