Motion Alerts are sent when movement is detected by a camera during a specified time period, and Sensor Alerts are sent when a sensor connected to a recorder is triggered. Sensor types can include, but are not limited to, door contact, temperature, pressure, and moisture.
Create a Motion or Sensor Alert Rule
- Within the Alerts tab in the OWS Cloud Portal, select Alert Rules from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Select an Alert Type from the pop-up menu.
- Click Next.
- Name the alert and give it a Description as desired.
- Click Create.
Defining an Alert Rule: Motion Alerts or Sensor Alerts
- Enter the Time of Day range that this rule should be active for.
- Check the boxes beneath the Days of the Week on which the rule should be active.
- Select the minimum Motion Duration or Sensor Duration necessary before sending an alert.
- Select Seconds, Minutes, or Hours using the dropdown menu.
- Active Alert (Optional) - Check the Active Alert box to add the alert to the Active Alert Dashboard and tag it as an Active Alert in email notifications.
- Send To 3rd Party Integration (Optional) - Check the Send To boxes to send the alert to the associated 3rd party integration.
- Click Save.
Adding Recorders, Cameras, or Sensors to an Alert Rule
- Click Recorders, Cameras, or Sensors on the navigation sidebar.
- Click Add Recorder, Add Recorder Group Add Camera or Add Sensor.
- Click the Add button next to each device you'd like to be included in the Alert.
NOTE: To apply the rule to every Recorder, check the box next to Automatically include all recorders in this Alert Rule.
Click Select when finished.
Add Users to an Alert Rule
NOTE: Adding Users to a rule automatically grants them permission to view alerts for cameras and recorders they have access to based on their User Group permissions.
- Click Users/Notifications on the left-hand menu.
- Click Add User or Add Group.
- Click + next to each User or Group to send emails and push notifications when the alert is triggered.
- Click Add when finished.
NOTE: To receive email, push or client alert notifications, the Email Alert, Push Alert or Client Alert box must be checked. Simply adding a user only gives them access to see this alert’s history. See Alert Notifications for details.
Deleting an Alert Rule or Updating, Disabling, Clearing All Active Alerts
- Click General Info on the navigation sidebar.
- Edit the Name and Description as desired.
- Click Disable Rule to turn the Alert Rule off without deleting it.
- Click Delete Rule to permanently remove the Alert Rule and delete all history associated with it.
- Click Clear All Active Alerts to permanently remove only the Active Alerts from the history associated with the Alert Rule.
- Click Save when finished.
NOTE: The Name given to an alert will appear as the subject line of email notifications sent by that alert.