Active Alerts are an easy way to manage your most critical alerts by uniquely tagging them and keeping them in one place.
Make an Existing Alert Rule Active
- Go to the rule definition for a given alert.
- Click the Active Alert checkbox and click Save.
Access Existing Active Alerts and the Active Alerts Dashboard
You can access existing active alerts by:
- Click the Alarm Icon in the upper right-hand corner to access active alerts.
NOTE: Critical health alerts are accessible by using the plus sign in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- From the customer page, select Alerts and click Active Alerts.
- The Active Alerts dashboard breaks everything into categories at the top and displays the details below. If you select one of the category boxes at the top you will be driven to only those types of active alerts.
- Quick filters on top of the green banner include All Alerts, Group by Alert Type, and Group by Recorder.
- For filtering options, click Show Filters.
- Use the various fields to specify which Alerts should display. Fields include drop down options:
- Recorder Name
- Recorder ID
- Location ID
- Alert Rule
- Acknowledgement State
- Alert Severity
- Access/ Intrusion User
- Click Apply when finished.
Active Alert Details and Video
- To see a thumbnail image of the active alert, hover over the camera icon.
- Click View to see more details and the video for an alert.
- View the details of the alert and/or watch the video. Fields on this page allow you to manage the active alert:
- Assign it to someone.
- Acknowledge the alert.
- Enter a note/comment.
- Close or expire the alert to move it to Alert History.
All notifications for Active Alerts contain the word Active so you can easily manage those notifications. Notification methods include:
- Mobile push notifications
Active Alert Clearing
There are 2 different ways to clear active alerts:
- Mark the specific alerts as closed.
- Clear everything reported for a specific rule.
Marking the specific alerts as closed
To clear individual alerts, we will first need to go to the Active Alerts page in web services. This will allow you to pick and choose which alerts to clear.
- Select View for the alert you wish to clear.
- Scroll down to Alert Acknowledgements and under the Acknowledgement State drop down, select Closed.
Clearing everything reported for a specific rule
To clear all alerts under a specific alert rule, we will need to go to the Alert Rules page in web services. This will mark all alerts for this rule type as closed.
- Scroll down to the alert rule you wish to clear and click Edit.
- On the General Info page, click the Clear All Active Alerts button.