An Environmental Alert helps identify changes to air quality as well as sound abnormalities when detected by sensors. Health Sensor Events detect environmental changes that can affect the Health Index or Air Quality Index (AQI). Health Sensor Events can detect when Particulate Matter (PM2.5), Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC), Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), Humidity, or Temperature exceeds thresholds. Safety Sensor Events can can detect audio such as a Gunshot or a phrase such as "I Need Help" as a Spoken Keyword or Phrase. Other Safety Sensor Events include identifying Masking, Aggression, or Tamper attempts. Vape Sensor Events identify Vape, Marijuana (THC), or Masking of Vaping or THC.
Creating an Environmental Rule
- Within the Alerts tab in the OWS Cloud Portal, select Alert Rules from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Select an Alert Type from the pop-up menu.
- Click Next.
- Name the alert and give it a Description as desired.
- Click Create.
Defining an Environmental Alert Rule
- Choose an Event Group and then an Event Type from the dropdown menus.
- Enter the Time of Day ranges that this rule should be active for.
- Check the boxes beneath the Days of the Week on which the rule should be active.
- Active Alert (Optional) - Check the Active Alert box to add the alert to the Active Alert Dashboard and tag it as an Active Alert in email notifications.
- Send To 3rd Party Integration (Optional) - Check the Send To boxes to send the alert to the associated 3rd party integration.
- Click Save.
Adding Recorders, Cameras, or Sensors to an Alert Rule
- Click Recorders, Cameras, or Sensors on the navigation sidebar.
- Click Add Recorder, Add Recorder Group Add Camera or Add Sensor.
- Click the Add button next to each device you'd like to be included in the Alert.
NOTE: To apply the rule to every Recorder, check the box next to Automatically include all recorders in this Alert Rule.
Click Select when finished.
Add Users to an Alert Rule
NOTE: Adding Users to a rule automatically grants them permission to view alerts for cameras and recorders they have access to based on their User Group permissions.
- Click Users/Notifications on the left-hand menu.
- Click Add User or Add Group.
- Click + next to each User or Group to send emails and push notifications when the alert is triggered.
- Click Add when finished.
NOTE: To receive email, push or client alert notifications, the Email Alert, Push Alert or Client Alert box must be checked. Simply adding a user only gives them access to see this alert’s history. See Alert Notifications for details.
Deleting an Alert Rule or Updating, Disabling, Clearing All Active Alerts
- Click General Info on the navigation sidebar.
- Edit the Name and Description as desired.
- Click Disable Rule to turn the Alert Rule off without deleting it.
- Click Delete Rule to permanently remove the Alert Rule and delete all history associated with it.
- Click Clear All Active Alerts to permanently remove only the Active Alerts from the history associated with the Alert Rule.
- Click Save when finished.
NOTE: The Name given to an alert will appear as the subject line of email notifications sent by that alert.