Cloud-related Install Tasks
Setup within the OWS Cloud Portal
- Create customer logins in OWS using OWS user management best practices.
- Create the first administrator for the account.
- Review the users and user groups to make sure the proper permissions are in place as expected for the various groups.
- Check if the recorder software version (Apex) is up-to-date.
- Verify location information is set up correctly in Recorder Management for more accurate reporting.
- Verify location is part of customer health alerts with proper recipients enabled
- Create Health Alert ids.
- Create a Storage Retention Alerts in the Alerts Menu to notify the customer of potential retention issues for end users with mission critical retention requirements
- Create Reports
Review Camera and Recorder Settings
- Cycle through the cameras in live view: Click on each camera to make sure it populates in the video window in the live view area. Also toggle the High and Low bitrates. (If there are PTZ cameras, this is the time to verify the PTZ functionality as well.)
- Camera Settings: Within Setup (gear icon), click on each camera within the Camera List to navigate to the settings.
- Verify all cameras are listed. Make sure you can see all cameras that are expected to be seen.
- Verify proper camera naming is complete. Update name under the General tab.
- Make sure the camera thumbnail image has been updated. Update thumbnail images from the General tab.
- Enable Analytics support for all analytic cameras.
- Enable Fisheye support for all fisheye cameras.
- Setup motion detection grids or motion masking for each camera.
- Enable Audio if requested from end user.
- Recorder Settings:
- Validate the System Time Settings: Ensure sure the time or NTP is correct. On a Linux system, this can be modified from the NVR, whereas a Windows device requires this to be done thru Windows.
- Check the Storage: Click on the Storage tab under System Settings in Setup and verify that HDDs have no problems and are recognized as expected.
- Check if LAN Smart Forwarding is working.
- Configure any integrations.
Review with Customer or End User
- Review added users and user groups, and train on user group permissions.
- Train end-users on how to view, search, export and share video.
- Review created reports, and others available to them.
- Review created alerts, and others available to them. Let them know how these can be easily changed remotely if they become problematic.
- Recommend users bookmark ows.openeye.net for easy access to the system.
- Have customers download and log-in to the OpenEye mobile app.
- Receive customer sign-off; make sure to get customer approval of these steps.
- Leave a business card with support information for your organization.