Enable Analytics in OpenEye Web Services (OWS)
NOTE: Enabling analytic events on compatible AXIS IP cameras requires Apex Server Software version 2.6.
To enable Analytics for an individual camera, connect to a recorder, click Setup > Cameras and select the camera you want to configure from the Camera List. Click on the Analytics tab and check the box to Enable Analytics for the supported camera.
When this option is enabled, any supported analytic events received from this camera will be stored and sent to OpenEye Web Services. These events will then be made available in Event Search and macros.
Configure Analytics in the AXIS Camera
The integration requires the use of an AXIS IP camera capable of supporting the AXIS Guard Suite analytics package.
Before continuing with creating a rule in OWS, follow AXIS Object Analytics instructions to configure a compatible AXIS IP Camera. Cameras can be accessed through the IP Address under Setup > General Configuration > Cameras > Camera Information > IP Address.
Once object classification has been configured on the AXIS IP Camera, a rectangle will appear around detected objects in the viewing pane: objects classified as humans get a red rectangle, and objects classified as vehicles get a blue rectangle.
To receive notifications based on an analytic event, an alert rule has to be created and configured in OWS.
Analytics Alerts in OWS
For cameras preconfigured to send analytic events, an alert can be sent based on specifically defined video events within a selected time period.
- Within the Alerts tab in the OWS Cloud Portal, select Alert Rules from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Select Analytics from the pop-up menu.
- Click Next.
- Name the alert and give it a Description as desired.
- Click Create.
Defining an Alert Rule: Analytics
- Choose Video from Event Group and an Event Type from the dropdown list.
- Enter the Time of Day ranges that this rule should be active for.
- Check the boxes beneath the Days of the Week on which the rule should be active.
- Select the state of the intrusion area between Armed, Disarmed or both.
- Active Alert (Optional) - Check the Active Alert box to add the alert to the Active Alert Dashboard and tag it as an Active Alert in email notifications.
- Send To 3rd Party Integration (Optional) - Check the Send To boxes to send the alert to the associated 3rd party integration.
- Click Save.
Adding Cameras to an Alert Rule
- Click Cameras on the navigation sidebar.
- Click Add Camera.
- Click the Add button next to each device you'd like to be included in the Alert.
Click Select when finished.
Adding Users to an Alert Rule
NOTE: Adding Users to a rule automatically grants them permission to view alerts for cameras and recorders they have access to based on their User Group permissions.
- Click Users/Notifications on the left-hand menu.
- Click Add User or Add Group.
- Click + next to each User or Group to send emails and push notifications when the alert is triggered.
- Click Add when finished.
NOTE: To receive email, push or client alert notifications, the Email Alert, Push Alert or Client Alert box must be checked. Simply adding a user only gives them access to see this alert’s history. See Alert Notifications for details.
Deleting an Alert Rule or Updating, Disabling, Clearing All Active Alerts
- Click General Info on the navigation sidebar.
- Edit the Name and Description as desired.
- Click Disable Rule to turn the Alert Rule off without deleting it.
- Click Delete Rule to permanently remove the Alert Rule and delete all history associated with it.
- Click Clear All Active Alerts to permanently remove only the Active Alerts from the history associated with the Alert Rule.
- Click Save when finished.
NOTE: The Name given to an alert will appear as the subject line of email notifications sent by that alert.