This article goes over how to physically replace a failed storage drive on an Apex recorder. To determine if a storage drive has failed, refer to the Knowledge Base article "How to Determine if you Have a Failed Storage Drive?"
Replacing a Failed Storage Drive
Note: Be sure the unit is disconnected from any power source.
Note: It is recommended to replace your drive through an RMA. Please contact Technical Support for assistance on setting up a drive replacement.
- Open the chassis to expose the internal components. Depending on the model NVR, you will need to remove the screws.
- Locate the affected drive. Note: It is recommended to note the serial number of the affected drive before removing.
- Disconnect the drive from the chassis and its SATA connection.
- Install the replacement hard drive in place, connect to chassis, then connect the SATA connection.
- Close the chassis.
- Reconnect power cable and power on the unit.
- The OS should automatically see the drive and mount it as a storage drive. To enable the drive, navigate to System Settings > Storage, and enable the new drive.