The OpenEye Web Services open cloud platform allows users to easily manage their video surveillance system and seamlessly integrate with existing IT infrastructure to improve cybersecurity and reduce risk. Features include multifactor authentication (MFA), centralized user management, single sign-on to access remote clients, simple password reset process, digital signature verification, automated software updates, alerts, activity and system health reports, no open inbound ports, and more.
Easy, Secure Access from Anywhere
- Multi-factor (2-Step) authentication helps prevent account hijacking due to stolen or misplaced credentials. It also prevents unwanted access from credentials left in orphaned remote clients on uncontrolled systems.
- Use single sign-on to access remote clients and reduce the potential for rogue remote clients with manually entering IP and port information. Automate lost password rests to simplfy the process and lessen the burden on IT, reducing the likelihood of shared user credentials.
- Leverage the OWS open ecosystem and integrate with cloud-based identity management partners. Ensuring that the same user access policies and rules are applied consistently across your organization, including your video surveillance systems, adds an additional layer of protection.
Operational Audits including User Activity
- Instantly apply permission changes to users and recorders. Add or remove a user in OWS and it immediately takes affect across all recorders and remote clients, no further action required.
- Audit user activity to get a clearer picture of who is using your system. See which systems they are accessing and what clients they are using.
Video Export and Sharing
- Online video sharing with auditing shows who is sharing and viewing video of critical incidents while password protected clips and the ability to revoke permissions further safeguards your sensitive video data.
- All video exported from OpenEye Web Services includes a Digital Signature to authenticate the image or video file and proves that it has not been altered.
Streamline IT Operations
- Ease of use and streamlining user and recorder management improve cybersecurity by eliminating barriers to compliance and making it easier to follow security best practices.
- Administrators are notified when updates are available and can initiate them with the simple click of a button. Reducing the likelihood of vulnerabilities being left unpatched.
Eliminate Open Inbound Ports
- By using an outbound trusted connection, OWS enables remote connectivity without the increased risk of port forwarding or punching holes in your firewall.