- Ensure that audio is enabled inside the camera software, and that the camera is on the latest version of firmware.
- For audio to function, the speaker and microphone must be remote gain compatible and connected to the camera through the audio in/out ports (if applicable with the camera model).
- Any external microphones and speakers will need an external power source.
- All cameras need to use the G.711ulaw codec.
Once enabled on the camera, the Audio tab will become available in the camera profile.
Select Enable 2-Way Audio.
- Once audio is properly enabled in the camera and on the recorder, select the camera in Command Station. The camera will display a speaker icon to the right of its name:
- Enable audio in Command Station by clicking the speaker icon, or right clicking the camera view and selecting the audio menu.
- Once audio is properly enabled in the camera and on the recorder, select the camera in the mobile app.
- There will be up to two icons on the bottom of the mobile app. One for Speaker and one for Microphone.
- If the Icons show a small , they are disabled. Simply tap the icon to enable it and start using two-way audio.