This guide will show how to setup a recorder with a POS / Data terminal connected and send tickets up to the cloud.
NOTE: In order to send Local Data / POS Events to OWS, you will have to install version Apex server software 2.7 or later.
- Go to Web Connect and press Connect.
- Click Setup.
- Click Local Data Collection.
- Select Add Data Source.
- Enter in all fields that are available to configure the recorder to listen for your Data terminal:
- Connection Type
NOTE: Currency Type can remain blank. Currency can be configured in OWS later.
- Send data from your Data terminal to the recorder with the correct port.
NOTE: Applies to all connection types, including TCP/IP, UDP/IP or RS232.
- Wait at least 5-10 minutes after data is sent to the recorder.
- In OWS, go to the End User account and select Point Of Sale.
- Use the Transaction Details dropdown and select Last 24 Hours or Custom search for recent data.
- Click Search.
- You will see data that has been sent up from the recorder in the search results.
NOTE: Server software sends up batches of 400-500 tickets approximately every 5 minutes.