Remote Support Options
Remote Support within OpenEye Web Services (OWS) allows you to get the help you need when you need it by extending access to your security partner. Experience complete flexibility when extending remote support access by choosing when its enabled or disabled, and setting an expiration date based on your needs. Stay apprised to changes in access through email notifications detailing when access is enabled/disabled or the expiration date is changed and by who, as well as upcoming access expiration.
With Remote Support in OWS:
- Receive remote support from your security partner when you need it.
- Enable or disable access based on your specific support and security needs.
- Set an expiration date for Remote Support access, specifically 24 hours, 3 days, 30 days, 3 months, 6 months.
- Receive an email notification when Administrators enable, disable, or change the expiration date that includes details of the changes and who made them.
- Receive an email reminder that Remote Support access is expiring three days prior to the expiration date, when the expiration was initially set to 30 days or more.
- Only Administrator users have the ability to enable or disable the Remote Support option or change the expiration date.
Important Notes for Channel Partner Accounts:
- Channel Partner users with access to a Customer or End User account can disable the Remote Support option but cannot enable it or change the expiration date. If a Channel Partner disables access for the End User, the email notification will be sent and include the Channel Partner user name.
- If the Remote Support option was disabled within the customer account, it will have to be re-enabled by an End User Administrator.
- By default, new Channel Partner accounts will be set to 6 months. Time period begins when the first Administrator is added to the Channel Partner Account.
- By default, no expiration date is set for End User or Customer Accounts.
- Unlike the End User accounts which have the ability to enable Remote Support access without setting an expiration date, Channel Partners will be forced to choose an expiration date when enabling Remote Support access for OpenEye Support.
View and enable your Remote Support Options under Settings (or gear icon) within the OWS Cloud Portal. Remote Support must be enabled within the Channel Partner Management Portal for Channel Partner Accounts and the Customer Portal for Customer Accounts.
Set an expiration date
Choose the amount of time you'd like to extend remote access.
You can disable Remote Support at any time by deselecting the checkbox