With 2-way audio, users are able to listen and talk down to individuals seen on camera remotely. 2-way audio is available in the Command Station Desktop Client and OpenEye mobile apps.
- AXIS A8105-E Network Video Door Station
- AXIS A8207-VE Mk II Network Video Door Station
- AXIS I8016-LVE Network Video Intercom
NOTE: 2-Way audio for Axis devices requires Apex Server Software version 2.6 or higher.
NOTE: The web client does not support 2-Way audio at this time.
Enabling Audio on the Recorder
- Click Setup > General Configuration > Cameras and click on the Axis device in the Camera List.
- Click on the Audio tab.
- Select Record and Enable 2-Way Audio.
- Click Apply.
Enabling Sensors for Axis Devices
To generate events, make sure that the recorder sensors are enabled for the Axis device:
- Click Setup > General Configuration > Sensor / Relay.
- Check both sensors for the Axis device.
- Click Save.
How to Access the Axis Device from the Recorder
The Axis device will be recognized as a camera and appear in the camera list on the recorder.
- Click Setup (Gear Icon).
- Under General Configuration, navigate to the Cameras menu.
- Select a camera by clicking on it.
- Click the Live / Recording tab.
- Click Connect Directly to Camera.
Configuring I/O Ports on the Axis Device
Go to System Options > Ports & Devices > I/O Ports.
- Use the Port Type dropdown menus to set one I/O to Input and the other to Output.
NOTE: If both I/O ports are set to Input, the recorder will not see the sensor event when the call button is pressed.
- Click Save.
Create a Sensor Alert Rule
- Within the Alerts tab in the OWS Cloud Portal, select Alert Rules from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Select Sensor from the pop-up menu.
- Click Next.
- Name the alert and give it a Description as desired.
- Click Create.
Defining a Sensor Alert
- Enter the Time of Day range that this rule should be active for.
- Check the boxes beneath the Days of the Week on which the rule should be active.
- Select the minimum Motion Duration or Sensor Duration necessary before sending an alert.
- Select Seconds, Minutes, or Hours using the dropdown menu.
- Active Alert (Optional) - Check the Active Alert box to add the alert to the Active Alert Dashboard and tag it as an Active Alert in email notifications.
- Send To 3rd Party Integration (Optional) - Check the Send To boxes to send the alert to the associated 3rd party integration.
- Click Save.
Adding Sensors to an Alert Rule
- Click Sensors on the navigation sidebar.
- Click Add Sensor.
- Click the Add button next to each device you'd like to be included in the Alert.
NOTE: To apply the rule to every Recorder, check the box next to Automatically include all recorders in this Alert Rule.
Click Add when finished.
Add Users to an Alert Rule
NOTE: Adding Users to a rule automatically grants them permission to view alerts for cameras and recorders they have access to based on their User Group permissions.
- Click Users/Notifications on the left-hand menu.
- Click Add User or Add Group.
- Click + next to each User or Group to send emails and push notifications when the alert is triggered.
- Click Add when finished.
NOTE: To receive email, push or client alert notifications, the Email Alert, Push Alert or Client Alert box must be checked. Simply adding a user only gives them access to see this alert’s history. See Alert Notifications for details.
Deleting an Alert Rule or Updating, Disabling, Clearing All Active Alerts
- Click General Info on the navigation sidebar.
- Edit the Name and Description as desired.
- Click Disable Rule to turn the Alert Rule off without deleting it.
- Click Delete Rule to permanently remove the Alert Rule and delete all history associated with it.
- Click Clear All Active Alerts to permanently remove only the Active Alerts from the history associated with the Alert Rule.
- Click Save when finished.
NOTE: The Name given to an alert will appear as the subject line of email notifications sent by that alert.
Command Station Notifications
When a a sensor event occurs, an icon will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the Command Station screen. Click on the icon to view notifications.
The notification lists alert name, recorder name, camera name, date, time, and account.