NOTE: Refer to the hardware manual for the model of the recorder or camera for physical installation instructions of sensors and relays.
These settings are found within the recorder setup menu. From the OWS Cloud Portal, click Connect next to the desired recorder under the Web Connect tab. Once in Live or Search, click Setup or gear icon in the upper right-hand corner to access.
Enable – Enable or disable a sensor.
Number – Sensor number associated with the recorder.
Sensor Name – Name of the sensor associated with the recorder.
Origin – Origin of the sensor being used by the recorder (typically internal to the recorder).
Current State – Current state of the sensor (open or closed).
Default State – Normally open or normally closed sensor.
Debounce – Debounce time in milliseconds is the duration to ignore repeated contacts.
Associated Macros – Shows any macros associated with a specific sensor.
Area – Associate a sensor with an intrusion area.
Associated Camera – Allows the association of a specific camera to a sensor.
Image Offset – The delay between the start of a sensor event and the time an event is captured.
Invert State – Inverts the state of the sensor.
Setting up a Sensor
- Enable a specific sensor by checking the box in the Enable column.
- Modify the sensor number in the Sensor Number column if needed.
- To modify the sensor name, type the new name into the Sensor Name field.
- Choose from Normally Open or Normally Closed in the Default State dropdown menu.
- Change debounce default in milliseconds if sensor contact is likely to break contact constantly.
- Associate a camera to record with the sensor by selecting a camera from the Associate Camera dropdown menu.
- Modify the image offset value if a delay is required when recording a sensor event.
- Check the box labeled Invert State if desired.
- Click Save.
Number – Relay number associated with the recorder.
Relay Name – Name of the relay associated with the recorder.
Origin – Origin of the relay being used (typically internal to the recorder).
Current State – Right click on Current State to Activate, Deactivate or momentarily activate the relay.
Default State – Normally open or normally closed relay.
Associated Macros – Shows any macros associated with a specific relay.
Duration – The duration the relay will fire when activated.
Associated Camera – Select a camera associated w/ the relay from the dropdown.
Image Offset (sec) – Manually enter a number (in seconds) between trigger and image capture.
Setting Up A Relay
- Modify the relay number if needed by selecting in the Relay Number field and hitting backspace until cleared and entering the new number.
- Modify the relay name by selecting Relay Name field and hitting backspace until cleared and entering the new relay name.
- Set Normally Open or Normally Closed in the Default State dropdown menu.
NOTE: Normally Open and Normally Closed refer to the default circuit state. For example, pushing a button to open a gate would close a circuit that is normally open.
- Modify the Duration if the momentary activation time needs to be modified.
- Click Save.