When connecting to an Apex unit and the time between your PC and the NVR is off by more than 10 minutes, a banner will appear at the bottom letting you know about the time difference.
NTP servers are enabled by default and provide a central location with the correct time and allow the client devices to sync their time. They can be external on the internet or run internally on a server.
In order to correct this, login to the NVR with an Admin level account and under the General Settings there is a section for Time Settings.
- Linux Apex allows you to change the NTP server in use, or disable to manually set the Time.
- Windows Apex versions above 2.5 can change the NTP server address, or disable NTP and set the Time and Date manually. Same options as the Linux Based NVR.
- If running Windows Apex version 2.4 or below, you will need to change the Time and Date from local Windows settings. Remote Connection software or a site visit would be suggested.
Steps to manually change Local Time from Windows
- Right-click on the time in the bottom-right of the screen and select Adjust Date/Time.
- A window will open. On the left side of the window select the Date & time tab. Then, under "Change date and time" click Change
Note: Both Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically must be Off to make this change.
- Enter the time and press Change
- The system time has been updated.
Note: Changing Time and Date on either Operating System will require the software to automatically reboot. Video recording will be down while this reboot occurs.