Adding a camera as RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) directly pulls a stream from the camera, allowing for non-onvif cameras to be added to the Apex server. RTSP also allows for better control of multi-lens cameras by allowing the selection of a specific channel and profile.
To add a camera as RTSP:
1. Log in to the recorder.
2. Click the gear icon at the top right to enter Setup
3. Select ‘Cameras’ under ‘General Configuration’
4. Click ‘Add Camera’
5. At the bottom left of the ‘Add Cameras Page’, click ‘Manually Add a Camera’
6. Enter the camera username, password, and IP address. Set the protocol to RTSP.
Please Note: Do not enter in a port unless it has been changed from the default RTSP port (554)
7. Enter the camera name and corresponding RTSP URLs
8. Click ‘Save’ to go back to the camera list in setup or ‘save and add new’ another camera manually.