There are three methods for adding cameras to the recorder which consist of adding them via Discovery, adding them manually, or importing them with a CSV file. When adding cameras via Discovery the add camera menu will appear and automatically discover supported cameras available on the physically connected network.
- Adding Cameras via Discovery should always be the default method. Try it first, as it is the quickest and easiest way to add cameras.
Add Cameras to a Recorder Using Discovery
- Click Setup (Gear Icon).
- Under General Configuration, click Cameras.
- Click Add Cameras.
- Under the Discovery tab, click Discover Cameras.
- Check the appropriate boxes to select the camera(s) to be added.
- Enter the appropriate credentials (username and password) for the cameras to be added, and then click Add Selected Cameras.