Username and Password
*OpenEye IP cameras ship without a default password.
The admin user password can be set using the following methods:
- OpenEye recorders running Apex Server Software 2.1 or newer will automatically set a new unique password if:
- Connected to an M-Series recorder with a built in PoE switch.
- Connected to a network switch through the camera network port and selected then added in setup, if a new password has not already been set.
NOTE: You can set your Default Camera Password under the General Settings page within Setup > System Settings > General Settings. For instructions on defining your unique camera password, visit Default Camera Password.
- Connect to the camera directly through a Web Browser and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Use the Network Camera Manager (NCM) Utility.
NOTE: More on the NCM Software can be found at Network Camera Manager.
NOTE: Refer to your recorder manual or quick start guide for instruction on adding cameras.