Sightsensor HD Configuration
Adding a SightLogix SightSensor HD Camera to OpenEye Web Services
OpenEye Web Services (OWS) automatically detects installed cameras, but a camera has to first be associated with a recorder in order to send alerts.
To add an installed SightSensor HD camera to a recorder via OWS:
- Log in to OWS: https://ows.openeye.net/login#
- In Web Connect, click Connect.
- In Setup, go to General Configuration > Cameras.
- Select Add Cameras.
- Check the box next to the SightLogix camera on the list of available cameras and click Add Selected Cameras.
- The SightLogix Camera will be available in the camera menu in the Live screen.
NOTE: Cameras can also be added manually by selecting Manually Add a Camera. Username, Password, Protocol, IP Address, Port and Camera Name are required to manually add a camera to the list.
Enabling Camera Side Motion Detection
Configure the SightLogix camera in the OWS Camera Setup page:
- Click on the SightLogix camera from the camera list.
- Click on the Motion tab and check the box for Use camera side motion detection.
- Click Save.
NOTE: You can use OWS to connect directly to a SightLogix camera by using CameraLink. This is accessible in the Motion, Live/Recording, and Image Settings tabs by clicking on Connect Directly to Camera. In the General tab, you can connect directly by clicking on the IP Address.
Configure Advanced Motion and Object Detection
To configure advanced motion and object detection, log in to the SightLogix camera:
- Enter your SightLogix Username and Password and click Sign In.
- Select Policy from the left-hand menu.
- From the Zones tab in the Policy menu, select Add Zone.
NOTE: A default Alarm rule for human detection line is automatically created and listed in the table, and a zone overlay box covers the entire image.
- Adjust the zone size using the drag points in the corners of the zone overlay.
- View added policies in the Rules tab to customize and review.
NOTE: The Calibration page parameters must be set prior to setting any Policy page parameters.
NOTE: For more information on creating zone, refer to the SightLogix Webconfig Installation Guide: https://portal.sightlogix.com/help/webconfig-docs
Configure OWS Alert Rules for SightLogix Events
An alert rule must be associated with a detection zone. Alert rules are configured in OWS.
Create a Motion or Sensor Alert Rule
- Within the Alerts tab in the OWS Cloud Portal, select Alert Rules from the dropdown menu.
- Click Add New Rule.
- Select a Motion Alert Type from the pop-up menu.
- Name the alert and provide a description.
- Click Create to Continue.
- Define the schedule. For multiple schedules, click the to the right. If an intrusion panel has been configured with the recorder, select the desired Intrusion Area Armed status when this alert will trigger. If central station monitoring is being used, select a Send To option.
- Click Save.
Add Camera to Alert
- Select Cameras from the left-hand menu.
- Click on Add Camera.
- In Select Camera, add the SightLogix camera by selecting.
- When all cameras have been added to the rule, click Select.
- The SightLogix camera appears on the Cameras screen as soon as it has been added. Select to remove any unwanted cameras.
Add Group / User to Alert
- Click Users / Notifications on the left-hand menu.
- Add Group or Add User to include recipients to the alert.
- Select the method of delivery by checking the boxes for Email Alert, Push Alert, or Client Alert.
- Click General Info in the left-hand menu to verify the Alert Name and Description.
Play and Export SightLogix Video Events
Access Alerts from the Customer Page
Alerts can be accessed from the customer account page.
- From the Alerts tab, select Alert History.
- Click on Show Filters.
- Use the filters to view the alert rule linked to the SightLogix camera.
- Click Apply.
- Click View to see the alert details.
View and Export Video
- Click on the video image to view the Timeline Search screen at the time of the event.
- On the Timeline Search, select Export to export the video to the OWS cloud or to a local machine.
- In Search, click Export to share the video clip.
- Choose Single Camera or Multi-Camera on the Export pop-up.
- Choose the Date/Time, Video Quality, Video Resolution, Other Options, and click Next.
- To export to the OWS Cloud Portal, select Export to Web Services and enter a Title and Description.
To export locally, select Export locally and enter the Filename.
- Click Export.
Once exported, users can view locally, or view, manage and share saved video clips directly from the OWS Cloud Portal.