The OWS Access Key is used to make the connection between a specific OWS account and a 3rd party integration. Because the Access Key is the method used to create an association between an OWS account and a third-party integration, OWS will not respond to commands from the third-party integration without it. Once created, the Access Key is entered into a 3rd party application or service as part of the setup and configuration process to enable the integration to communicate with the OWS account.
The information on Access Keys provided below can be used to support the following integrations:
- Event Receiver API: To deliver event data, including analytics, access and intrusion events, to OWS
- Access API: To access user data and point-of-sale date from OWS
- In OWS, click on Management > Integrations.
- Select Integrations.
- Click the Add New Integration button.
- Select an API Integration and click Next.
NOTE: Integration Management is not available for all End User account types.
Creating an API Key
- Select the Management tab.
- Choose Integrations from the drop-down menu.
- Choose an API Integration.
- Select Add Key in API Access Keys.
- Copy the API Secret Key from the dialog box.
NOTE: If the secret key is lost, a new API access token must be created.
- Click Add to close the dialog box.