Adding a Motorola Body Camera to OWS
- Follow the instructions here through Step 3.
- In OnStream Settings in VideoManager, set Audio Codec to AAC.
- Click on the Setup (or gear icon) from Live or Search.
- Click on Cameras.
- Click on Add Cameras, then select Manual. Within the Add Cameras menu:
- Leave Username and Password blank (see notes below).
- Leave the protocol as ONVIF (default selection).
- Specify the IP address of the VideoManager host computer.
- Set the Port to 8101.
- Enter the desired Camera Name.
- Click Save.
- Click on the camera in the Cameras list.
- Select Live/Recording.
- Under Stream Configuration, select Edit.
- Disable the High Stream (Stream 2) and click Save.
- Select Audio.
- Select Record.
- Click Save.
- When configuring OnStream, do NOT set a username or password; this does not appear to currently be ONVIF conformant and will not work with Apex Server Software or other ONVIF clients.
- OpenEye tested the VB-400 and found that the 640x360 is the only resolution the VideoManager streams, even though it reports a maximum resolution of 1280x720.
If an error is encountered adding the device in Apex, do the following on the VideoManager computer:
Open the Windows Firewall (search for Firewall from the start bar).
Select Advanced Settings.
Select Inbound Rules.
Find any entries that start with 'VideoManager' (there should be 5-10) and right-click any without a green check box and select Enable.