Using the CHeKT Bridge with a Linux Apex Recorder
A special update file is required for the CHeKT Bridge to connect out to the Internet and also to cameras connected to the PoE or Camera port on a Linux Apex Server Software system.
Apply the CHeKT Update to Your Linux Recorder:
- Connect to the recorder through OWS or log in at the console.
- Click the Setup icon in the upper right menu bar.
- Under General Configuration, click System Settings.
- Select the Software Upgrade tab, and then click Show More Options.
- Select Specify URL.
- Paste the link provided by OpenEye to the CHeKT .osp file.
- Click Install.
- After the Update Complete window appears, click OK.
- Connect your CHeKT Video Verification Bridge to your recorder and wait a few minutes for it to connect.
NOTE: When connecting your CHeKT Video Verification Bridge to a switch that is connected to the Camera port on the recorder, you must first assign a manual IP address to the bridge, subnet mask and gateway. Unless the IP on your camera network has been changed, use the following settings: IP Address 192.168.51.5, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.51.1