OpenEye and CHeKT Integration
CHeKT has now integrated the OpenEye person and vehicle detection events from the OpenEye -S model cameras via the CHeKT Bridge.
The CHeKT Bridge is a device used for visual alarm monitoring, where the device connects to one or more cameras and monitors for certain events. When an event happens, the CHeKT Bridge streams the video of the event over the Internet to the CHeKT Dealer Portal, along with information regarding the event.
This means that the CHeKT Bridge must have a network connection to the cameras it is to monitor, and to the Internet.
Adding a CHeKT Bridge to the CHeKT Dealer Portal
NOTE: The CHeKT Bridge must have connection to the internet before performing these steps:
- Within the CHeKT Dealer Portal, open the Site Devices menu, click Add, and select Add Bridge.
- Enter a desired Bridge Name, the MAC address, and Entry Key that are printed on the CHeKT Bridge, and click Register.
Adding a Camera to the CHeKT Bridge
NOTE: The CHeKT Bridge must be on the same network as the desired camera before performing these steps:
- Click the cogwheel on the desired CHeKT Bridge.
- Click the CHANNELS Tab and click the desired Input Sensor. The CHeKT Bridge will then scan the network and discover compatible IP cameras.
- Select the desired camera from the Discovered Devices list.
- Select ONVIF, enter the username and password of the camera, and click Authenticate.
- Confirm the video is from the correct camera and click Next.
- Enter a Description, and at the bottom under Alarm Source, select ONVIF Event Message, and click Finish.
NOTE: A Sensor Zone Number is only required if the selected sensor on the CHeKT Bridge is also connected to an alarm panel. Otherwise, you can enter any number or leave it blank.
- The CHeKT Bridge will then connect to the camera and go through a series of automated steps. You do not need to wait until this process is completed, you can just click Close.
Connecting to a Camera’s User Interface Through the CHeKT Bridge
The CHeKT Bridge can create a temporary link that will allow you to connect to a camera’s web UI directly. To access this function, follow these steps:
- Move your mouse cursor over the desired camera and click the cogwheel to enter the settings.
- Select the REMOTE ACCESS tab and click Create access URL.
- You will then be provided with a link that, when clicked, will directly connect to the camera in a new tab.
Here is an example of what an operator would see when viewing an alert event in CHeKT. On the left side is the Live Video of the selected camera. To the right of that is the video for the selected alert event, and to the far right is a list of alert events that can be selected.